Rental Terms & Conditions
Rental Terms & Conditions
1. Cancellations and Refunds
1.1. In case of cancellation more than 30 days before the scheduled collection date, we will fully refund the amount previously paid.
However, if your reservation is canceled less than 30 days before collection date …
1.2. If your reservation is canceled by the 15th day prior to the scheduled collection date, the amount equivalent to 50% relative to that amount (amount charged as a deposit) will be withheld, to the total of the deposit already made for the reservation by the Client.
cancellation fee for the reservation and loss of business opportunity by the Lessor (loss of income) **); Customer will not have to bear any other payments.
1.3. If your reservation is canceled on the 14th until the 7th day prior to the scheduled collection date, the total amount of the reservation (non-attendance fee and loss of business opportunity by the Lodging Company ** ).
1.4. If your reservation is canceled after the 7th day prior to the scheduled collection date, the total amount of the rental (non-attendance fee and loss of business opportunity by the Rental Company ** (loss of income) will be due.
2. Payment / Credit / Debit Card
2.1. When confirming your reservation will be charged on your credit card 50% of the total rental price including taxes and charges. The method of prepayment for your rental can not be changed after confirmation. In the event that your credit card is declined, your reservation will not be validated and you will not receive confirmation of the rental.
2.2. At the time of check-in, the remaining 50% (2nd payment) will be paid by credit card. Payment by bank transfer will only be allowed for the 2nd payment at the time of check-in and in exceptional circumstances (eg failure to pay via Card); this payment implies an increase of 30 euros to the sole responsibility of the Customer.
2.3. The appropriate exchange rates will be applied according to your method of payment/ bank fees.
2.4. The security deposit can only be paid by credit card (Visa or Mastercard) and the credit card holder must be present at the time of collection of the vehicle. The vehicle can not be delivered to the Lessee if the deposit of security is not captivated in a credit card.
2.5. Upon return of the vehicle, the unused portion of the deposit will be released in accordance with your bank’s procedures.
3. Rental Duration
3.1. The rental costs of the vehicle are accounted for per day.
3.2. Late pick-ups or early deliveries do not entitle the lessee to any reimbursement of the unused portion of the lease.
3.3. Pick-ups or deliveries, previously agreed upon at the request of the Lessee outside office hours, are subject to an additional fee in accordance with the current price list.
4. Vehicle Waiver and Returns
4.1. For reservations confirmed until 08/02/2019 (winter time):
4.1.1. The lift of the vehicle can be scheduled between 14:30 and 19:30, otherwise the respective rental rates or advance rental rates will apply at the time of booking.
4.1.2. The return can be scheduled between 08:00 and 11:00, otherwise the respective rates of deferment or advance rental will apply at the time of booking.
4.2. For reservations confirmed after 08/02/2019 (daylight saving time):
4.2.1. Normal check-in and check-out time is between 10:00 am and 5:00 pm, although it may differ depending on the check-in location (please check the available time when you are checking your check-in time). collection).
5. Disponibilidade e Upgrade dos Veículos
If the exact reserved model is not available, we reserve the right to provide the Customer with a vehicle of similar category, subject to availability at the pick-up location. It is not possible to guarantee specific colors and / or features for the rented vehicle.
6. Documents / Driving License / Minimum Age
6.1. The driver must be over 25 years of age at the time of collection and present a valid driving license in Europe Class B (light) or an international driving license, in addition to the driving license, must have an identification document civil and valid tax and a credit card (Visa or Mastercard) to captivate the escrow deposit.
6.2. If one of the drivers is under 25 years old, the hiring of “Basic” insurance is compulsory or “Standard” or “Plus” insurance.
6.3. The credit card holder must be present at the time of collection of the vehicle.
6.4. Copies of driving licenses, identifications or credit cards are not accepted under any circumstances.
1. Vehicle Conditions
- The renter acknowledges having received the vehicle and the rented extras in good condition and with all the features working.
- The lessee shall return the vehicle in good condition, with the same amount of fuel present at the time of collection and with all equipment of the vehicle operating properly, at the date, time and place of delivery established in the Rental Contract. Failure to comply with these criteria will result in additional charges for the Lessee, according to the Lessor’s price list. Any loss or damage to the extras, equipment or spare parts leased, will be fully charged to the Lessee, according to the rental price list.
It is necessary:
- a valid driving license for Class B vehicles, a valid identification and a credit card (Visa or Mastercard), which must be presented at the time of collection of the vehicle and the signing of the lease. If the Renter does not present the necessary documents, the vehicle can not be rented and the non-show fee will apply.
- hold a driving license valid for driving in Europe and be over 25 years of age; the validity of the foreign driving license and the possibility of driving class B vehicles is the responsibility of the Lessee.
If the contractor is under 25 years of age:
- The contracting of the “Basic” insurance is compulsory, and the “Standard” or “Plus” insurance is not eligible for the rental.
3. Vehicle Use
1) The lessee undertakes to ensure that, during the Rental Term, the vehicle will not be:
- Conducted by an unidentified person or by any other person not mentioned in the lease.
- Driven in a reckless and dangerous way.
- Conducted by a person who is under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Abandoned with the key inside the vehicle, without any occupant.
- Damaged by submersion in water or contact with salt water, conducted in flooded areas, on the beach and on dirt roads.
- Used for any race, competition, or any illegal activities.
- Used to tow any vehicle.
- Used to transport passengers or goods intended for hire or reward.
- Used to carry more passengers than the allowance allowed by law.
- Used to transport volatile liquids, gases, explosives or other corrosive or flammable materials.
(k) Used for the purpose of transporting and moving goods, other than those reasonably expected to be found in a rental car for leisure.
- l) Used to install accessories and advertising or commercial mentions.
Any consequences arising from the above mentioned points shall not be the responsibility of the Lessor, and the repair costs or other expenses related to the improper use of the vehicle shall be fully charged to the Lessee.
- The lessee acknowledges that Lessor retains ownership of the Vehicle at all times and shall not agree, attempt, offer or intend to sell, sub-contract, lend or mortgage the vehicle to any other party.
- The Renter shall not make changes or additions to the vehicle, without the prior written consent of Lessor.
- The Lessee shall take all reasonable steps to properly maintain the vehicle, including daily oil, water and battery checks, and shall contact Lessor if the vehicle warning lights indicate a potential malfunction.
- All electrical devices (including the refrigerator) can not be connected to the battery for more than 4 hours in a row, without charging the battery at least once a day at camp sites or other 220 V sources.
- This agreement will be automatically resolved and the reservation will be canceled without any need for judicial intervention if the vehicle is used in any conditions that constitute a violation of this contract. In addition, Lessor reserves the right to recover the vehicle at any time without notice, and the Lessee is responsible for all costs involved.
Pets are allowed, but there are some restrictions. An Animal Transportation Fee (TTA) of € 75 will be charged, which is used for the subsequent cleaning of the vehicle. It is only allowed to carry a pet and its weight can not exceed 30 kg. Pets are only allowed if the trip ends in Portugal or Spain. The Renter has to ensure that your pet travels safely and according to local regulations. The Renter is not responsible for any fines or legal fees related to the transportation of the pet inside the vehicle. TTA only covers cleaning the vehicle after rental. The Renter is always responsible for any damages (inside or outside the vehicle) caused by the pet.
5. Travel Assistance and Technical Questions
1) Any problems related to the vehicle, including malfunctions in the equipment, should be reported immediately to the Lessor, in order to allow the Vehicle Owner the early opportunity to correct the problem during the rental. Failure to report any damages and / or other problems detected in the vehicle, will lead to the lessor’s responsibility and consequently the responsibility of the Lessee, so that, before requesting the assistance in travel, should contact the Lessor so that it is his team can assist him in solving the problem detected, namely, and if necessary, the replacement of the leased vehicle under the following conditions:
- If the vehicle is at a distance of up to 50 kilometers from the Lessor’s premises, the Lessor will proceed to the exchange of the vehicle by sending the other one for its replacement;
- if the distance is more than 50 kilometers, the Lessee and the vehicle will be transported to the premises of the Lessor, where another vehicle will be delivered in order to continue the rental.
(c) The replacement of the vehicle shall only be ensured by the availability of vehicles for that purpose.
- d) In case of unavailability of a replacement vehicle, the Rental Company will refund the rental values corresponding to the period not taken by the Lessee.
2) The following aspects are not covered by the Travel Assistance, and the Renter will be charged the towing / travel expenses for:
- Lack of fuel in the vehicle.
- The keys are locked inside the vehicle, damaged (eg by moisture in the key), or lost.
- Batteries discharged due to incorrect use and / or misuse of any equipment requiring the batteries to operate.
- Vehicle jammed off the road or on dirt or sand roads.
- Failure caused by deliberate negligence.
- Assistance in changing tires
- The Rental Provider provides Travel Assistance 24h / day, however, outside of normal business hours, some delays may occur.
- In the event of a breakdown, the Lessee is not permitted to make repairs or alterations to the vehicle, unless authorized by Lessor and follow its exact instructions.
- In case of immobilization of the vehicle due to mechanical damage, or accident, and if it is not possible to carry out the repair on the premises, the Lessor will send a trailer to transport the vehicle and the driver to the nearest depot of the Lessor or repair workshop .
7. Insurance coverage
- The rented vehicle has compulsory civil liability insurance against third-party vehicles and property damage.
- Insurance is valid in the following European countries: Portugal and Spain. Driving in countries other than those mentioned above constitutes a breach of contract and Lessor shall not be liable for any damage, breakdown or other problem occurring outside the Authorized Countries, with the Lessee being solely responsible for the costs of repair and or relocation of the vehicle, as well as any other expenses, costs, fines or fees that the Renter may incur. 3) The renter can choose to contract one of the following coverage options that include damages caused by accident, theft or theft of the vehicle:
- BASIC option: € 2.000,00 deductible (minimum limit of damages) – included in the rental price of the vehicle.
- Standard Option: € 900.00 deductible and includes coverage for isolated breakage of glasses, with the inclusion of an additional driver – increase in the daily rate of the vehicle according to the table of the rental company.
- Option Plus: € 700.00 deductible and includes insulated glass breakage coverage, with no additional drivers included, with coverage extended to occupants – increase in the daily rate of the vehicle according to the table of the rental company.
4) The lessee is obliged, in case of an accident, to follow the following procedures:
- To participate in the rental company and the agents of authority, any accident, theft, robbery or any other claims, immediately after the occurrence of the same;
- Obtain the names and addresses of the persons involved and witnesses;
(c) not abandon the vehicle without taking appropriate measures to protect and safeguard it;
- Not to assume any responsibility or plead guilty in the case of accidents, which may imply responsibility of the company;
- Immediately call the company to provide you with a detailed report of the accident including an accident report drawn up by law enforcement officers.
- In case of accident, theft or theft, the lessee is always responsible for an obligatory and insupportable deduction, referring to the damages caused in the vehicle, up to the amount fixed in the option of insurance subscribed.
- The renter shall be solely responsible for all expenses incurred in repairing the damage caused to tires, rear-view mirrors, the lower and upper parts of the vehicle’s body (above the windscreen), provided that they do not result from an accident of traffic.
- In case the lessee has not subscribed to the Standard or Plus options, all damages with the isolated breakage of glasses are entirely his responsibility.
- The renter shall be solely responsible for all damages caused to the vehicle caused by traffic on non-tarred roads.
- In case of theft or theft of the vehicle, the hirer must immediately attend the event to the competent authorities, communicating and sending a copy of the participation to the rental company, together with the keys of the vehicle, under penalty of contracted coverage, the costs borne by the lessee.
- Whatever the option to cover underwriting, all damages arising from the misuse of the vehicle, shall be the sole responsibility of the lessee.
(11) In the event of an accident which is due to speeding, negligence, driving under the influence of alcoholic beverages, narcotic drugs or consumption of any other that impairs driving ability, the lessee shall be liable for all costs of repair and compensation corresponding to the standstill time of the injured vehicle, regardless of the option of insurance underwritten.
- The vehicle will only be covered by insurance during the agreed period and set forth in the Particular Conditions above, without prejudice to the extension of the contract to which it takes place, under the terms of these general conditions.
- Liability for accidents caused or likely to be caused by the lessee beyond the agreed time is the sole responsibility of the lessee.
8. Accidents / Vehicle Damage / Theft
In the event of an accident, the Lessee undertakes to follow the following procedures:
- Immediately notify Lessor and law enforcement authorities of any accident, theft, robbery or other misfortune.
- Take pictures and get names and addresses of all the people involved, as well as witnesses who can witness what happened.
- Fill out the friendly statement together with other intervening party (s) involved.
- Do not abandon the vehicle without taking all measures regarding the protection and safety of the vehicle.
- Do not assume any responsibility nor plead guilty in case of an accident that can hold the Lessor responsible;
- Collect and send immediately, after the accident, the friendly declaration with the data of other vehicles and drivers that are involved in the accident, the report of the authorities and the keys of the vehicle (in case of theft) to the Lessor.
In the event of the omission of the procedures described above by the Lessee, all insurance and risk coverage will not be applicable and the lessee will be responsible for all expenses that have occurred, directly and indirectly, that relate to the accident, damage or vehicle theft.
The damages identified below are specifically excluded from any Insurance option and the lessee will be responsible for all costs associated with:
- any damage that occurs in the vehicle in case of violation or non-compliance with a clause of this contract.
- any damage caused by intentional conduct, by manifestly reckless or negligent conduct, influence of alcohol, drugs or any substance that reduces the driving capacity, by the Renter or promoted by him, or by omission of duty of care of the one who it is required by this contract or that it may be imputed to it.
- any loss and / or damage to personal items, even if stolen or stolen.
- careless or negligent behavior of any kind or disrespect for local road and / or road rules, which may result in damage to the vehicle or to persons or property of third parties.
It will also be imputed to the Lessee, being expressly excluded from the coverage of any insurance option:
- the cost of recovering or recovering the vehicle from any restricted, submerged, mired or abandoned area.
- The cost of replacing the keys that have been damaged, lost, stolen or locked inside the vehicle.
- damage caused by drivers not identified in the lease or by drivers, even if identified in the lease, with an invalid, canceled or expired driving license.
- any cost associated with the incorrect use of fuel.
- All damages under the vehicle body or above the windscreen line, if there is no collision with third parties.
- All damages caused by collisions with animals.
10. Vehicle Return
1) The vehicle must be returned on the day, time and location specified in the rental agreement.
- a) To change the place of delivery or the date / time, the Lessee must first obtain the authorization of the reservation team of the Lessor. This change may involve additional costs, the amount of which will be communicated by the reservations team. (b) The cost shall apply in all cases, irrespective of the reasons for the change.
- c) If the Lessor does not confirm the changes by electronic mail, the lessee must comply with the place, date and time of delivery provided for in the contract.
- Failure to obtain authorization and the delivery of the vehicle outside the hours agreed in the Rental Contract will result in the collection of an extra charge three times higher than the rental rate, which must be paid immediately after delivery.
- If the vehicle is returned to a location other than the one contracted, the lessee shall be liable for any consequential damages that may be caused to the Lessor.
- If the vehicle is not returned to an employee of the Lessor, the Lessee shall be liable for any loss or damage, including theft or theft of the vehicle.
- Vehicle Equipment and Cleaning Fee:
- All vehicles are supplied with camping equipment, cooking utensils and cleaning and a bed set, if these or any other extra accessories are not returned under the conditions in which they were delivered, a fee will be applied according to the value of the (s).
- A cleaning fee of 100.00 (one hundred) euros will be charged if the vehicle is not returned in clean conditions in the interior (no rubbish, sand, mud or any other debris) and outside with the tank of empty waste water, empty chemical toilet, clean kitchen utensils and the refrigerator turned off and no food inside.
6) If the vehicle is not returned with the same level of fuel as in the collection, the lessee will be charged 40 (forty) euros for each 1/4 tank missing, plus a fee for the refueling service of 30 (thirty) euros.
11. Liability / Deposit and Payments after Rental
- The security deposit can only be paid by credit card (Visa or Mastercard) and the credit card holder must be present at the time of collection. At the time of delivery of the vehicle, the Lessee is obliged to pay the deposit of collateral according to the insurance option chosen. This amount will be captivated on the lessee’s credit card to secure the additional payment in case of theft or accident and any other damage of the vehicle during the rental period.
- If the deposit amount is not authorized by the bank or the credit card holder, the contract can not be executed and the vehicle can not be delivered. In this case the non-show fee will apply and the Renter will be charged the full amount of the reservation (see conditions under: 1. Cancellations and Refunds). The security deposit will be returned to the Lessee at the end of the rental period after an inspection by an employee of the Lessor, who shall declare that the vehicle is in conditions similar to those in which it was collected.
- The costs of damage to the vehicle, its equipment or rental extras, will be charged according to the rental price list. The Lessee shall also be responsible for the period in which the vehicle is not rented during the repair period, for the loss of business opportunity by the Lessor ** (loss of profit), according to the damages in question.
- In the event of an accident in which the Lessee does not consider himself liable, Lessor will retain the full amount of the deposit of security until the Insurer notifies the Company of its responsibility.
- If the damage repair costs can not be determined immediately, the Lessor will retain the total value of the escrow deposit. The excess part paid by the Lessee (retained in the escrow deposit) will be reimbursed to the latter if the final costs of repairing the damages are less than retained.
- The Lessee accepts and agrees with the signing of this agreement that the Lessor is now authorized to charge the credit card on file for any other amounts that may arise, such as, among other things, wild camping, parking costs , penalties for traffic violations, tolls, damages to the vehicle (interior or exterior) and any other amounts due to the Lessor or due to a third party and imputed by the third party for the use and use of the vehicle during rental by the Lessee or , even if not authorized by the Lessor, for use, in that period, by a third party on account or authorized by him. The Lessee has the right to verify any damage to the vehicle for 30 days after the last day of the rental agreement. The fines will be charged for their total cost, plus VAT and an administrative fee of 50.00 (fifty) euros.
- The Lessee must provide Lessor with an alternative credit card that can be used to fulfill the obligations of the Lessor in the Terms and Conditions of the Lessee in case of insufficiency of funds, transactions refused for any reason and credit card canceled or suspended.
- All unpaid invoices shall be charged with interest, equivalent to the highest legal rate, plus a flat fee, corresponding to 20% of the unpaid amount, to cover administrative and collection costs, without prejudice to charged with the legal costs, if any, to be borne by the coercive collection, and of any other compensation for damages incurred / loss of business opportunity by the Lessor ** (loss of profit) that is due by law. In the event of a legal dispute that is in any way related to this contract, and in the absence of legal provision that prevents it, the parties agree that the forum will be the jurisdiction of the place of collection of the vehicle.
12. Tenant Agreement and Warranties
- This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and there are no other understandings, warranties or oral agreements between the parties relating to the lessee’s liability. All charges are calculated in accordance with the Agreement and its Terms and Conditions.
- In making the Reservation and paying the initial deposit, the Lessee has read and agreed automatically, without reservation, with the Terms and Conditions of the Lessor.
- The Lessee shall ensure that all information provided in connection with this agreement is true.
- The failure of the Tenant to sign this contract for non-compliance with the clauses inserted therein, is equivalent, without prejudice to the fees to be charged for the cancellation of the Reserve, to the abandonment of the Rental.
13. Vehicles and brands
If, for any reason that is not the responsibility of the Lessee, such as a delay by the previous tenant, accident, theft, damage or any other situation, which jeopardizes the delivery of the vehicle previously reserved, it is not possible to deliver on the stipulated date, You can:
- Provide a vehicle of equivalent category, whose brand, appearance and layout may vary.
- Refund the Lessee the amount already paid, without any other compensation or additional costs.
* All prices shown on this page are fixed in EUROS and, therefore, presented here only in that currency. The corresponding amount in your source currency (if it is other than EURO) is not shown here since the amount may vary due to changes in the exchange rate.
** Concept of loss of business opportunity by the Lessor (loss of profit) – The Reserve of a certain vehicle leads to unavailability in the period of reservation of the same and, consequently, to the impossibility of new business in the period after reservation and in the rental period of vehicle, for the fact directly related to the guarantee of the reservation made by the Customer / Lessee and with the guarantee that the Renter may, in the face of this Reserve, guarantee the Renter the availability of the vehicle intended for the date by the Reserved. This situation, for the most part, leads to the collection of fees that may be higher or lower (or non-existent) depending on the period (greater or lesser – see conditions) of cancellation of the Reserve.